Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/28 21:05:48 UTC

Hadoop meetup at Hadoop World 2011

Hey gang,

Hadoop World 2011 (http://hadoopworld.com) is November 8th and 9th in
NYC.  I'm organizing a Hadoop meetup that coincides with the event.
We've had these in the past, they're a great place for users to learn
from other and the development teams. New York meetups draw people
from around the world and so have been especially fun in the past.

Here's a form with a few questions about what kind of meetup the
community is interested in. If you can join us, please fill this out:

https://docs.google.com/a/cloudera.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtTCIvErXWnbdGR2dUVDQms3dndaaGktYk0yRVNLUUE

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
Eli

Re: Hadoop meetup at Hadoop World 2011

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Here's the right link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGR2dUVDQms3dndaaGktYk0yRVNLUUE6MQ

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
You're right. I forgot that we co-located the Hadoop and HBase meetups
- both are at 6pm.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Yes - apologies for not sending out the details!

The meetup will be Monday, November 7 at 6:00 PM, hosted by AppNexus
at 28 West 23rd Street, New York, NY.

Here's the meetup page:
http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-NYC/events/34488242

If you're interested in giving a lightening talk send mail to myself,
Aaron Myers <at...@cloudera.com>, and Jason Shao <js...@pulsepoint.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.