Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/02/26 17:43:06 UTC

Formatting of single line comments

Hi,

recently I saw a few commits/reviews that changed the single line
comments ("//") in the source file.
Some commits introduced a space between the slashes and the text and
others removed the space between the slashes and the text. I think that
we should agree to a single way of dealing with this to avoid overly
busy patches.

The options I see are
a) Don’t reformat comments unless there’s a good reason to do so.
b) Always put a space.
c) Never put a space.

I’d vote for a).

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Till

Re: Formatting of single line comments

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
I'd vote for b.

The reason is that I'd like to use the comment formatter in Eclipse which
can do things like ensure no white spaces at the end of lines and set a
maximum line width.

The problem is that I couldn't figure a way to use it without the
additional space after the slashes. If you know a way, please, let me know.

Cheers,
Abdullah.