Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2002/12/16 11:28:26 UTC

OJB and recursive relationship

Hello,

I have a situation with recursive relationship:

I have a class Software that represents the softwares that could be installed on my machine. Some of these softwares must have other softwares installed before to be able to be installed.
So, I have a recurvive relationship here.

How do you implement this relationship with OJB?

Thank you
Sylvain

Re: OJB and recursive relationship

Posted by Phil Warrick <wa...@bmed.mcgill.ca>.
Hi Sylvain,

OJB handles self references fine.  In other words class A can have a
reference to another instance of class A or a collection of class As.
You may need to make these proxies if the graph is very large and you
need to control the hits to the db.

Phil