Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Markus Müller <mu...@lat-lon.de> on 2005/06/02 09:07:18 UTC

jetspeed and CMS

Hi List,

I have another question... =:)

We want to use jetspeed (1) for our website and in some projects and one
of the main requirements is concection to a (free of course... ;-) CMS. We
first thougt of using lenya, but it seems there is not much experience
available so far in connecting jetspeed and lenya.
I would be very interested in people who did a jetspeed/CMS connection
successfully, perhaps someone can give me some hints which CMS would be
the best choice for this. (BTW, the CMS should be able to use a Database
for storing its content.)

cheers and thanks

Markus

--
Dr. Markus Müller
l a t / l o n  GmbH (Hamburg)

Re: jetspeed and CMS

Posted by Michael Aemisegger <de...@pagnolia.ch>.
Dear Markus

Markus Müller wrote:
 > I would be very interested in people who did a jetspeed/CMS connection
 > successfully, perhaps someone can give me some hints which CMS would be
 > the best choice for this. (BTW, the CMS should be able to use a Database
 > for storing its content.)

I have successfully embedded Magnolia into Jetspeed 1. For Magnolia see

http://www.magnolia.info

Magnolia already uses JSR 170 repositories for over a year now. It's a free,
J2EE compliant, open sourced CMS with a nice GUI.

--
Cheers,
Michael

Re: jetspeed and CMS

Posted by Michael Aemisegger <ad...@pagnolia.ch>.
Dear Markus

Re: jetspeed and CMS

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Markus,

See Graffito on http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/. it is mainly
targeted for Jetspeed 2 but
It should work with J1/Fusion with some modifications. We have not yet
check in details Graffito/Jetspeed1-Fusion integration. By default
content is stored in a DB.

Until now there are, some usefull JSR-168 portlets : browser/admin
portlet in which you can manage folders, HTML doc, text & binaries
(images, pdf, ...), a tree view portlet & a document viewer portlet,
managing the fine grained access control. Graffito require JAAS.

Christophe

Re: jetspeed and CMS

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

some time ago there was some discussion agout graffito on this list. I
have not used it myself. But it is a JSR 168 based CMS and is free.

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/graffito.html

Martin

Re: jetspeed and CMS

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Graffito will be the default CMS engine for Jetspeed 2.It will offer
the best integration in point of view templating, security/permission
(JAAS), page management, .... Unfortunatly, Graffito is still under
dev.

In my point of view, a good choice is to select a platoform providing
portal AND cms features.

Christophe

Re: jetspeed and CMS

Posted by Markus Müller <mu...@lat-lon.de>.