Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thierry Thelliez <th...@earthlink.net> on 2002/07/17 07:17:46 UTC

Stability problems under Tomcat 4.0.4, Solaris 2.7, JdK 1.3.1_02-b02

Hello,

We are attempting to develop a tag library but are experiencing a lot of
tomcat crashes. Although we are still in development (learning) phase, I
was wondering is there was anything we could do to avoid to have to
restart tomcat so often (in worse case scenario, we are restarting every
~30 minutes).

Are others experiencing the same issues? How can you go through a
development cycle without crashing the server?

Is our OS/JDK combination not optimal? (Tonight we are installing the
JDK1.4.0_01 and the recommended Soalris patches , just in case… we will
see)

Or is there something else we should be watching/doing?

(BTW, our tags are accessing a proprietary database through ‘standard’
socket connections).

Cheers,

Thierry