Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sharma Kollaparthi <sh...@ansys.com> on 2011/01/21 22:03:41 UTC

Lucene , hits per document

Hi ,

       I have started to use Lucene for searching in HTML files. Is it
possible to get Hits per document, when we search for phrases like "Hello
World" and wild card searches like "te?t"?

 I managed to return the number of hits per document if there is only one
term using termfrequency vector.

Thanks,
Sharma

--
Sharma Kollaparthi
CDU Systems & Process Tools

Re: Lucene , hits per document

Posted by sharma <sh...@ansys.com>.
Grant Ingersoll <gsingers <at> apache.org> writes:

 With a little logic on your size to count, you can use SpanQueries to do that.

 -Grant

 On Jan 21, 2011, at 4:03 PM, Sharma Kollaparthi wrote:

 Hi ,

       I have started to use Lucene for searching in HTML files. Is it
 possible to get Hits per document, when we search for phrases like "Hello
 World" and wild card searches like "te?t"?

 I managed to return the number of hits per document if there is only one
 term using termfrequency vector.

 Thanks,
 Sharma

 Sharma Kollaparthi
 CDU Systems & Process Tools
 Software Developer I
 ANSYS INC.

 Grant Ingersoll
 http://www.lucidimagination.com

Grant-

Thanks for reply. Do you have an example on it?

Thanks,
Sharma

Re: Lucene , hits per document

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.