Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com> on 2007/12/01 23:19:12 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP wants to download instead of run

I have a site that uses PHP5 and when trying to access the site, the php
wants to download instead of run. It seems something is not configured
in apache 2 for php. The site is mytimewithgod.net and a phpinfo file is
at mytimewithgod.net/phpinfo.php but that does not run either. The logs
do not show anything that helps. I have php5 and mod_php installed and
have restarted apache. I also have loadmodule php5_module and the path
to the module in loadmodule.conf

Re: [users@httpd] [SOLVED]PHP wants to download instead of run

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
Jaqui Greenlees wrote:
> --- Vishal Gaurav <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>> Your php info mytimewithgod.net/phpinfo.php file is
>> successfully run on my
>> browser.So what is the problem?
>>

> A common one I have seen with many sites I think, and
> it is browser not apache or php caused.
>
> I get the same php download message often on many
> different sites, using Seamonkey, usually a reload
> resolves the issue. The message does not display every
> time a php scripted site shows, even on sites it does
> show occasionally, which is why I think it is more a
> browser bug.
OK, got it working; you guys are going to hate me but i found mod_php5
was disabled :) Enabled it and all is working now. Sorry for the brain
fart and wasted space.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP wants to download instead of run

Posted by Jaqui Greenlees <ja...@yahoo.ca>.
--- Vishal Gaurav <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Your php info mytimewithgod.net/phpinfo.php file is
> successfully run on my
> browser.So what is the problem?

A common one I have seen with many sites I think, and
it is browser not apache or php caused.

I get the same php download message often on many
different sites, using Seamonkey, usually a reload
resolves the issue. The message does not display every
time a php scripted site shows, even on sites it does
show occasionally, which is why I think it is more a
browser bug.

Jaqui

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

Re: [users@httpd] PHP wants to download instead of run

Posted by Vishal Gaurav <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Your php info mytimewithgod.net/phpinfo.php file is successfully run on my
browser.So what is the problem?

Thanks,
Vishal
vishalgaurav01@gmail.com
linuxvishal@yahoo.com

On 12/2/07, megaspaz <me...@tron.megaspaz.net> wrote:

> Is this a gentoo box? the conf.d think makes me think it is and if it
> is, you might need to add -DPHP or something to that effect in conf.d/
> apache2.
>

> On Dec 1, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Graham Frank wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Stupid question, but did you restart Apache after making this change?
> >
> > ----
> > Graham Frank
> > Neoservers LLC – Founder and Owner
> > Ph: (608) 359-1593
> > Member of the Better Business Bureau

Vishal Gaurav

Re: [users@httpd] PHP wants to download instead of run

Posted by megaspaz <me...@tron.megaspaz.net>.

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
Hi,
I have "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" in /etc/conf.d/php5.conf. Still wants to download.

Chris
Have you added the "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php" to your Apache
config or .htaccess file?  Unless you do that, Apache won't know to process
.php as a PHP file.

----