Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by mourya <dn...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/11 11:42:29 UTC

Does ny one know about JMeter in cloud??

Hey can any one tell me how to run JMter scripts usign cloud computing....i
saw one site "http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/applications/jmeter/about"

soe body said we can do it through amazon...can any one help me on Amazon
EC2...

Thanks in advance,
Naga

Re: Does ny one know about JMeter in cloud??

Posted by Alon Girmonsky <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

JMeter in the Cloud is a pre-configure environment that can run JMeter
scripts. It's already configured and prooved to be working. It gives
numerous benefits over the regular JMeter.

It is aimed for people whom are already using JMeter and want to run load
tests from the Internet without any setup (or hardware).

By using JMeter in the Cloud, you can also enjoy graphic reports and
performance monitoring for your servers and applications under test.
Cloud-Intelligence also provides support for your JMeter scripts and for the
platform itself.

You can apply for a free-of-charge pilot if you want to see it in action
before paying anything.
http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/pilot/application
http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/pilot/application

Best Regards,
Alon.

Re: AW: Does ny one know about JMeter in cloud??

Posted by mourya <dn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörg,

Thanks for all your help....

can you provide me some documents to

to know how to instantiate existing AMIs
to know how to configure security groups

http://ec2-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/elasticfox-owners-manual.pdf --- i
followed the document and in this page no 12 and 4th point i didnot
understand....it is going to ec2-keya folder??where i can get that folder do
i need to download??

browser based aws console ----(https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home ). is
it good.. What do ou prefer Elasticfox or aws console??

do we have any documentation for AWS comsole??

if you odnt mind can you give your mail ID to chat....gtalk or some other
messenger mine is dnr5dnr@gmail.com

Thanks for your help....

Naga

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I suggest that the providers of JMeter cloud services add short
descriptions to the JMeter Wiki under

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterServices

It will be a lot easier to find the information again later.

Posted by mourya <dn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörg,

http://ec2-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/elasticfox-owners-manual.pdf (elastic

Posted by mourya <dn...@gmail.com>.
HI Jörg,

Posted by Frank Cohen <fr...@pushtotest.com>.
Second shameless plug coming... http://www.pushtotest.com/cloudandgrid

-Frank

On Jun 12, 2010, at 5:22 AM, j.kalsbach@jk-itberatung.de wrote:

> Alert: shameless self marketing!
>
> Hi all,
>
> as an alternative you could try http://www.jk-itberatung.de/jmeterinthecloud.html
>  and http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=2924
>  . It's an AMI (acutally two) with jmeter already installed that
> automatically starts and configures any number of slaves your
> account allows for. You end up paying only for the EC2 resources you
> actually need. You do not need to figure out how to install, manage
> and distribute SW. It has been used for thousands of hours by
> different clients since last year.
>
> BR,
>
> Jörg
>
> Zitat von William Oberman <ob...@gmail.com>:
>
>> It looks like that link is for Jmeter as SaaS (software as a
>> service),
>> and if you're willing to pay, it might be a good deal (I've never
>> used
>> them).  I can only assume you give them a Jmeter script, and then
>> they
>> run it for you and give you the results.
>>
>> If your question is "how to do it yourself?" and you're starting at
>> "what is EC2", you have a long and hard road ahead of you (not to be
>> overly discouraging).  EC2 is simply a way to create virtual machines
>> that you can run an operating system on (linux, windows, etc...).
>> So,
>> it's up to you to manage & install software (like Jmeter), and figure
>> out how distribute it, etc...
>>
>> will
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM, mourya <dn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey can any one tell me how to run JMter scripts usign cloud
>>> computing....i
>>> saw one site "http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/applications/jmeter/about
>>> "
>>>
>>> soe body said we can do it through amazon...can any one help me on
>>> Amazon
>>> EC2...
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Naga
>>> --

Frank Cohen, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone 408 871 0122
PushToTest, the open-source test automation company
Twitter: fcohen, LinkedIn: Frank Cohen

Re: Does ny one know about JMeter in cloud??

Posted by j....@jk-itberatung.de.

Posted by William Oberman <ob...@gmail.com>.

Posted by stannie <st...@watchmouse.com>.
Another shameless plug:  http://www.watchmouse.com/ www.watchmouse.com  runs
JMeter scripts too: you can upload a JMeter script and it will be played on
any of the 45+ servers in 30+ countries every 5 minutes, e.g. to verify if a
certain click-path through your site still works.

- Stan