Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by BigMac28 <jm...@prolifics.com> on 2010/02/15 14:48:35 UTC

Can one develop using FUSE Integration Designer and Deploy to Vanilla ServiceMix?

We are looking to see what IDE is best for developing for vanilla ServiceMix
v3.3.1?

Can one develop using FUSE Integration Designer and Deploy to Vanilla
ServiceMix?

What is the recommendation?  Can we use FUSE?

Re: Can one develop using FUSE Integration Designer and Deploy to Vanilla ServiceMix?

Posted by BigMac28 <jm...@prolifics.com>.
Cimero is an Eclipse graphical plugin to configure ServiceMix:
http://servicemix.apache.org/cimero-editor.html

If we want to use Eclipse/CIMERO as our integration development platform
what is the latest we should be using.  It seems like Ganymede with the
STP/EID is the latest based on this POST -
http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/EID_Component .

However we are finding differences in the code generated from the
Eclipse/CIMERO build vs using MAVEN Archetypes.

Specifically for HTTP BC
-Ganymede 3.4 / CIMERO2 platform configuration - when building HTTP BC the
code in the xbean.xml has a root node of <http:endpoint>
-Maven 2.2.1 / Archetype Build and Deploy – when building HTTP BC the code
in the xbean.xml has a root node of  <http:consumer>

I also was expecting to see the STP/EID available in Galileo but i don't.

Regards,
Jon

Re: Can one develop using FUSE Integration Designer and Deploy to Vanilla ServiceMix?

Posted by BigMac28 <jm...@prolifics.com>.
Thanks JB!  I think i almost with you except  i am not clear on whether your
saying "FUSE" as complete development and runtime solution is better or if
you are saying it is valid for one to use FUSE Integration Designer but
deploy to "vanilla" ServiceMix.

The customer we are developing for is running only ServiceMix not FUSE so i
want to be clear on this point.

Thanks,
Jon

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

In the team, we use Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.

Eclipse usage is documentated:
http://servicemix.apache.org/using-eclipse.html
http://servicemix.apache.org/importing-servicemix-into-eclipse.html
http://servicemix.apache.org/extending-eclipse-wtp-to-support-jbi.html