Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hendrik Daldrup <He...@t-online.de> on 2002/01/19 21:43:23 UTC

apache starts but isnt accessible

hi there,

i just installed apache with several modules.
I have an old httpd.conf file, which works.
In that one the modules arent installed so far,
but after installation, the new httpd.conf wont work.
So i edited it so that the modules wont get loaded. I thought this would
make it work again,
but it didnt.
After a while i found out 2 modules, which make apache crash,
so i deleted them and it worked!
BUT i cannot access it via web-browser!

httpd is in memory and runnin, but when i enter the IP in a browser no
site gets loaded.

what might be my problem?

thx a lot,

hendrik

Re: apache starts but isnt accessible

Posted by Hendrik Daldrup <He...@t-online.de>.
sry about the HTML-post,

and thx, i now just installed the modules i definately need,
so now its ok.

thx for ur help

hendrik

Posted by Hendrik Daldrup <He...@t-online.de>.
thx a lot,

yup, its running and listening on port 80 and i allready tried it the
way u explained, but still not workin.
Now i deleted EVERY module except mod_perl... et voila ... it WORKS!

could it be that some modules dont work together?
i try to add the following modules:

LoadModule rewrite_module     libexec/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule bytes_log_module   libexec/mod_log_bytes.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so

LoadModule bwlimited_module   libexec/mod_bwlimited.so
LoadModule jk_module          libexec/mod_jk.so
LoadModule gzip_module        libexec/mod_gzip.so
LoadModule attach_module      libexec/mod_attach.so
LoadModule auth_mysql_module  libexec/mod_auth_mysql.so
LoadModule dav_module         libexec/libdav.so
LoadModule perl_module        libexec/libperl.so
LoadModule roaming_module     libexec/mod_roaming.so
LoadModule throttle_module    libexec/mod_throttle.so

the first three r ok and dont make any problems, cause they allways work.
But:
mod_throttle wont start, so i deleted it
mod_bwlimited works, when i delete mod_jk (although on a different
install, i had both runnin!)
perl_module works, when i delete all others!

so, i think there r some modules who dont work together.
What could be the reason for this?
httpd.conf or  my server configuration?

thx so far,

hendrik

Posted by Hendrik Daldrup <He...@t-online.de>.
k, thx...

i think this might actually be the reason, but maybe with a different
module,
because php is working fine with any of my modules and pages also get
rendered.

so far i simply deleted the modules which i dont need so far and all is
workin fine now.

but nevertheless i'll try ur post on my server, to c if apache works
after doin so...

thx a lot,

hendrik

Posted by Al Andersen <ap...@viajante.com>.