Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org> on 2021/09/21 17:51:59 UTC

[RFC][design/idea] Beam Playground - Interactive Learning for Apache Beam

TL:DR: We want to develop a Beam Playground. Please review the design[1]
and fill up this survey <https://forms.gle/ieknXjFSezqbAmFd6>[2] to help us
prioritize features.

Hi all,

I along with a few community members thought of an idea to develop an
interactive environment to try out Beam transforms and examples. We are
calling it Beam Playground. The vision for the Playground is to be a *web
application where users can try out Beam without having to install /
initialize a Beam environment*.

We hope that this new tool will make it easier for new users to evaluate
and adopt Apache Beam, and provide positive developer experience.

The backend architecture and implementation details are described in the
design document[1].

We would be grateful if you filled out this poll[2] to help us prioritize
Beam Playground’s features.

Please share your feedback both on the idea and the design doc, and via the
survey.

We hope to build the Beam Playground in the next few months (see the
general timeline[3]), and your feedback would be very valuable to make sure
we develop a useful application.

Thanks!

Aizhamal

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uf58Auags4DBqSU3nZWxfaDH2BcBvKxhmy0Ug-xoewQ/edit?usp=sharing

[2] https://forms.gle/ieknXjFSezqbAmFd6

[3]
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13ETJItGH3QV9hlQXce-47ZEDjOZUNNCJc5PyUUI1EIw/edit#slide=id.gef11b54893_0_0

Re: [EXTERNAL] [RFC][design/idea] Beam Playground - Interactive Learning for Apache Beam

Posted by Alex Kosolapov <al...@akvelon.com>.
Hi all,

We are working on developing the Beam Playground experience - a web application where users can try out Beam examples without having to install/initialize a Beam environment.

The proposed Playground experience is summarized in the mockups [1]. Your feedback would be very valuable to make sure we develop a useful application.

Thanks,
Alex

[1]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v-VOG3c8A-hQj_-fp0VJ9cmGTvp24pr1xXomtDQFbIo/edit?usp=sharing