Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by dedi <so...@hotmail.it> on 2013/10/23 19:11:22 UTC

DOSGi services visibility

Hello,
I am using DOSGi to deploy OSGi services. I would like to share services
between different machines, in particular I would like that each machine
registers its own service but also that each machine is able to retrieve the
instance of the services exported by the other machines (all services use
the same itnerfaces). I used Karaf and DOSGi  to start two services and
register them with DOSGi using the discovery offered by Zookeepers, but
unfortunately it seems that I am not able to use a service tracker to
retrieve the remote instnces, even if I see that the logs reports both
interfaces as:
Processing change on node: /osgi/service_registry/serviceinterface/Interface
 found new node /osgi/service_registry/serviceinterface/Interface[]
It seems that I can't retrieve the remote instance from the service
registry.
I am using features:chooseurl cxf-dosgi 1.5.0
Did anyone had problems with discovery and DOSGi?
Regards

Re: DOSGi services visibility

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Good to hear it works now.

Christian

On 24.10.2013 17:19, dedi wrote:
> Thank you Christian!
> I started from your example that I was able to run succesfully and I found a
> way to publish two instances of a  service in two different Karaf nodes and
> consume both from a client bundle with dosgi. I was missing something in the
> service configuration with blueprint.
> Regards

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: DOSGi services visibility

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Richards,

with my tutorial it worked fine for me. See
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2013/02/13/Apache+Karaf+Tutorial+Part+8+-+Distributed+OSGi

Can you try with the tutorial code and instalation guides? It would help
a lot to see if the tutorial also fails for you.

Christian

Am 23.10.2013 19:11, schrieb dedi:
> Hello,
> I am using DOSGi to deploy OSGi services. I would like to share services
> between different machines, in particular I would like that each machine
> registers its own service but also that each machine is able to retrieve the
> instance of the services exported by the other machines (all services use
> the same itnerfaces). I used Karaf and DOSGi  to start two services and
> register them with DOSGi using the discovery offered by Zookeepers, but
> unfortunately it seems that I am not able to use a service tracker to
> retrieve the remote instnces, even if I see that the logs reports both
> interfaces as:
> Processing change on node: /osgi/service_registry/serviceinterface/Interface
>   found new node /osgi/service_registry/serviceinterface/Interface[]
> It seems that I can't retrieve the remote instance from the service
> registry.
> I am using features:chooseurl cxf-dosgi 1.5.0
> Did anyone had problems with discovery and DOSGi?
> Regards

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect