Posted to users@camel.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 23:42:39 UTC

example app to embed camel-web-console

I want to embed camel web console into my app  ,are there any examples ?,I
tried adding

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-web</artifactId>
      <version>2.7.1</version>
      <type>war</type>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

to my pom , it did not work ,do I need to add anything in my web.xml ?

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.
if I seperate this into two wars , ie one for my aplication and other camel
war , how can camel war update  routes    from my application war ?

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Now it depends on what jar you are talking about but in general since a WAR
classloader is flat, you can't have two versions of the same class... so you
will either have to find some way of using the same version of this jar in
your application as Camel uses or separate this into 2 WARs.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM, fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It worked well in the test application, I tried in my actual application
>  It
> failed with no such method error,  because   camel and my application both
> had the same jar with different version  , so what is the solution for this
> ?  I mean both wars might  have same jars  with differnt version and
> obviously it lead to probelms os how to what do you suggest ?

Cheers,
Jon
---------------
FuseSource
Email: jon@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: jon_anstey
Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
Author of Camel in Action: http://manning.com/ibsen

Re: example app to embed camel-web-console

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Instead of maven-jetty-plugin use the newer jetty-maven-plugin which does
overlay properly

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>7.2.2.v20101205</version>
      </plugin>

since this is an overlay (2 WARs merged into 1), the web.xml file from the
Camel web console is overwritten by your web.xml file. I modified your
web.xml file to include Camel web console:

 version="2.4">

<display-name>myproject</display-name>

<context-param>
<param-value>
classpath:com/mycompany/applicationContext-camel.xml
</param-value>
</context-param>
 <!--
      There are three means to configure Wickets configuration mode and they
are
      tested in the order given.
      1) A system property: -Dwicket.configuration
      2) servlet specific <init-param>
      3) context specific <context-param>
      The value might be either "development" (reloading when templates
change)
      or "deployment". If no configuration is found, "development" is the
default.
-->

<filter>
<filter-name>wicket.myproject</filter-name>
  <filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
<param-value>com.mycompany.WicketApplication</param-value>
  </init-param>
  </filter>

 <filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>wicket.myproject</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
 </filter-mapping>

<listener>
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>Jersey Filter</filter-name>

 <filter-class>com.sun.jersey.spi.spring.container.servlet.SpringServlet</filter-class>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.resourceConfigClass</param-name>

 <param-value>org.apache.camel.web.util.CamelResourceConfig</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.FilterForwardOn404</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <!--
    TODO scrap this when we move to latest jersey: 1.4-ea05
    -->
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.WebPageContentRegex</param-name>
      <param-value>/(images|css|js)/.*</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.ImplicitViewables</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.Trace</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.feature.Redirect</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.packages</param-name>
      <param-value>org.apache.camel.web:</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>

 <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.WadlResourceUri</param-name>
      <param-value>/api</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>Jersey Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>

 <servlet-class>org.fusesource.scalate.servlet.TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.mustache</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.scaml</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TemplateEngineServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.ssp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <error-page>
    <error-code>500</error-code>
    <location>/WEB-INF/scalate/errors/500.scaml</location>
  </error-page>
</web-app>

Your wicket app is at: http://localhost:8080/myproject/
Browse routes at: http://localhost:8080/routes

Cheers,
Jon

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM, fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont want both the apps to be independent , I  want to have camel web
> console in my app as a web resource, I tried
> http://localhost:8080/artms/routes  url it did not work ,
> so to test it in simple way I created a a wicket quickstart project added
> camel-web-console as dependency.
>
> this project is maven eclipse project it has jetty pluign .I  attached this
> project. Please help me run web-console in this.
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n4517697/myproject.zipmyproject.zip
>
> this can  run using
> mvn jetty:run
>
> to access this in browser   http://localhost:8080/myproject/

Cheers,
Jon
---------------

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, what Taariq suggested should work. Keep in mind that when you specify
camel-web as a dependency, the maven-jetty-plugin will overlay the camel
webconsole web app in your own web app and run it as one web app. You would
probably have to have multiple executions of the maven-jetty-plugin in your
pom to get both web apps to be independent.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would expect the following to work.
> http://localhost:8080/artms/routes <http://localhost:8080/routes>
> http://localhost:8080/artms/endpoints <http://localhost:8080/endpoints>
>
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM, fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply ,I emebdded camel war to my war project which I
> deploy
> > using jetty-maven-plugin
> >
> > ,context root for my war is  artms ,please tell me   how to access camel
> > console , I mean what is  the url
> > my jetty runs on 8080 so I acces my application as localhost:8080/artms
> > what should be for camel ?
> >
> > --

Cheers,
Jon

Posted by Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi
So you hit tomcat, and there were no errors deploying?
Did you perhaps configure your IDE to deploy to a context root? If so you need to add that to the URL.
Also, did you manage to get the example app running from the maven archetype?
Follow this page carefully http://camel.apache.org/web-console.html

Taariq