Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr> on 2013/10/25 14:36:07 UTC

Normalized data during indexing ?

Dear,

I would like to know if SOLR can do that:

I have a field named "Assignee" with values like:

Int Business Machines Corp
Int Business Mach Inc

I would like to have a "result field" in the schema.xml named
"Norm_Assignee" which contains
the translation with a lexical file:

Int Business Machines Corp > IBM
Int Business Mach Inc > IBM

So, I will have:

<doc>
<arr name="assignee">
  <str>Int Business Machines Corp</str>
</arr>
<arr name="norm_assignee">
  <str>IBM</str>
</arr>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="assignee">
  <str>Int Business Mach Inc</str>
</arr>
<arr name="norm_assignee">
  <str>IBM</str>
</arr>
</doc>
and if the correspondance do not exists then don't create the data.

I'm sure this idea is possible with SOLR but I don't found on Wiki,
Google, SOLR Support....

Thanks for any idea,

Bruno

---

Re: Normalized data during indexing ?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Synonyms would certainly let you index the field values consistently, but
you would not see the normalized values in query results, since results use
the stored, original value, not the final indexed term.

But you could use an update processor to map the terms that would be stored
and returned on queries. You could use a regex replacement or write a
JavaScript script with a stateless script update processor to do more
extensive mapping.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr>.
Hi Michael,

thanks it sounds like I'm looking for....

I need to investigate....

Thanks a lot !

Le 25/10/2013 14:46, michael.boom a écrit :
> Maybe this can help you:
> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.SynonymFilterFactory
>

> -----
> Thanks,