Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joseph Yanni <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/07 23:43:41 UTC

%session and local * problem

I am currently using Apache::Session 1.53 and using
%session from two other PerlHandler's beside
HTML::Mason.  I am having the problem of %session hash
not being cleared (returns old data).  FYI, at the end
of a request, I 'untie %session'.  On logout, I
perform the 'tied(%session)->delete' command.  Also,
the hash gets a new Id, but the data within the hash
still exists.  Why?

Within the handler() subrouting including Mason's, I
have following assignments (%session is global within
each handler module via 'use vars qw(%session)'.

Mason handler()
local *HTML::Mason::Commands::session =
\%IT::Config::session;

Other handler()
local *Other::Handler::session =
\%IT::Config::session;

Could someone tell me what is wrong with this
implementation and how I might resolve?

Thanks in advance,
-Joe Yanni

http://mail.yahoo.com/