Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Ori Doolman <Or...@SigValue.com> on 2006/10/03 14:08:26 UTC

XMLFormatter performance

Hello,

I wanted to know if the following code can affect my application
performance.

                                    CMyXmlFormatTarget formatTarget();

                                    XMLFormatter
formatter(IP_MC_DEFAULT_ENCODING_STR,

&formatTarget,

XMLFormatter::StdEscapes,

XMLFormatter::UnRep_Fail);

                                    formatter.formatBuf(U_ParamValue,
U_ParamValueLen);

My fear is that creating a new transcoder per call may take relatively a
long time.

The problem is that XMLFormatter do not accept a pre-created transcoder
(but always allocate a new one internally) and cannot set its
XMLFormatTarget.

Therefore, the above code is called a lot of times in my application:

Regards,

Ori Doolman,

Sigvalue Technologies.

Tel:   972-9-7615119