Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de> on 2001/11/30 13:59:02 UTC

XPathContext.setDTMManager(DTMManager dtmManager)

Hi all,

question about the XPathContext. For using the in XML Signature defined
XPath function here() which basically returns the Node in which the XPath
String occured, I had to create a new XPathContext which has an owner [1]
node. Now I try ti migrate to the new CachedXPathAPI object and when
switching between my CachedFuncHereXPathAPI and CachedXPathAPI, from what I
understood all these have to work on the same DTM, which means that they
have the same DTMManager.

If I initially used my CachedFuncHereXPathAPI which created a DTMManager
from scratch and then I want to use CachedXPathAPI, I want that the new
CachedXPathAPI uses my DTMManager. So it would be good to be able to set
the DTMManager for the XPathContext and a

XPathContext.setDTMManager(DTMManager dtmManager)

would be nice.

Christian

PS: Joe, does this make sense to you or do I misunderstand the DTM model?

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-security/src/org/apache/xml/security/
transforms/implementations/FuncHereContext.java