Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Giampaolo <ne...@trapo.it> on 2004/06/14 10:50:02 UTC

Switch publication language

Hi guys,

i know that lenya switched from default publication language if there's another
one and the browser ui is compatible. For example, if i have mozilla with
italian ui and my publication has both italian and english, my publication will
be in italian. But what if i wanna let the user choise language with a link?

I do no want to have http://mypub/italian/index.html and
http://mypub/english/index.html but just to change with a link the internal
variable that holds language.

TYIA

--
Giampaolo

Re: Switch publication language

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 10:54, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Giampaolo wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > i know that lenya switched from default publication language if there's another
> > one and the browser ui is compatible. For example, if i have mozilla with
> > italian ui and my publication has both italian and english, my publication will
> > be in italian. But what if i wanna let the user choise language with a link?
> >
> > I do no want to have http://mypub/italian/index.html and
> > http://mypub/english/index.html but just to change with a link the internal
> > variable that holds language.
>
> I think it should work with a link to the other language
> version (*.html -> *_it.html).
>
> I'm not sure if all internal links are dynamically changed
> to *_it.html then, but if they are not, I'd consider this
> as a bug.

I did what u describe quite a time a ago in a publication. I mean
switching of languages via links and it worked fine.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Switch publication language

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Giampaolo wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i know that lenya switched from default publication language if there's another
> one and the browser ui is compatible. For example, if i have mozilla with
> italian ui and my publication has both italian and english, my publication will
> be in italian. But what if i wanna let the user choise language with a link?
>
> I do no want to have http://mypub/italian/index.html and
> http://mypub/english/index.html but just to change with a link the internal
> variable that holds language.

I think it should work with a link to the other language
version (*.html -> *_it.html).

I'm not sure if all internal links are dynamically changed
to *_it.html then, but if they are not, I'd consider this
as a bug.

-- Andreas

Re: Switch publication language

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Giampaolo wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>i know that lenya switched from default publication language if there's another
>one and the browser ui is compatible. For example, if i have mozilla with
>italian ui and my publication has both italian and english, my publication will
>be in italian. But what if i wanna let the user choise language with a link?

you mean with a Cookie?

Michi

--
Michael Wechner