Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by beichuang <be...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/18 14:25:02 UTC

ESQL & Multi-Pages technology???

Hello, all

I wonder whether ESQL support multi-pages technology?
sometimes, a Select request get a large amount records return, so how to devide all the records into some pages and give user to navigate through them is a common also impormation feture, so have you ever think of the question?

Thank you all, any comments will be appreciated.

best regards

Re: ESQL & Multi-Pages technology???

Posted by OD <od...@feersumendjinns.com>.
Hi,

What you are talking about is really a database or a driver feature. I know
for example that MySql supports a Limit clause that allows you to do what
you describe.
e.g. <esql:query>select * from MY_TABLE where MY_CLAUSE limit 0,
30</esql:query> would return the first 30 results that match the query. I
have no idea what other database's if any support a limit clause.
If you happen to be using MySql you can change the limit clause's values
using request parameters or session variables.

ESQL does support <esql:max-rows> and <esql:skip-rows>
Although esql returns all results that match your query, using max-rows and
skip-rows you can display just a subset of the results. Again you can use
request parameters and/or session variables to update the values.

Hope this helps some

Corey O'Donovan

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, beichuang wrote:

> Hello, all
>
> I wonder whether ESQL support multi-pages technology?  sometimes, a
> Select request get a large amount records return, so how to devide all
> the records into some pages and give user to navigate through them is
> a common also impormation feture, so have you ever think of the
> question?

1. cut down on the cross-posting please. this is obviously for
cocoon-users.

2. you can use skip-rows and max-rows to set limits on the number of rows
returned, and get-row-number to help set the limits for the previous and
next resultsets. i think there's probably another method or three that one
would need, so i'd appreciate any implementation reports.

- donald