Posted to users@solr.apache.org by garvit garg <ga...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/15 10:23:21 UTC

Solr Cloud Configuration with more than 4 nodes.

Hi All,
I want to configure solr cloud with more than 4 nodes, mostly 6-8 nodes so
that my data gets distributed among all the nodes evenly. But I am not able
to configure more than 4 nodes. Can anyone guide me on how I can configure
more than 4 nodes in solr cloud with zookeeper being used externally?

Re: Solr Cloud Configuration with more than 4 nodes.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Just add two more nodes, pointing them to the same Zookeeper as the others. Done.

It would help if you describe exactly what you are trying and exactly what fails.

Jan Høydahl

Posted by DAVID MARTIN NIETO <dm...@viewnext.com>.
Hi,

Why you are not able to configure more than 4 nodes?

If you start another node (in another machine) and configure the zookeepers connection on  that new node  these nodes will conect to the cluster expanding it (you can see it on the web console of solr) only whit that you will have more nodes in the cluster.

After that you must adjust other parameters as replication factor of the shards (to get info as you will in all the nodes) and update the index to apply it, also the entry of request to the nodes (adjust load balancer expanding to the new nodes) to serve the response in a balanced way between the cluster.

Kind regards.