Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2015/06/01 13:04:12 UTC

Re: ALPN patch comments

Am 29.04.2015 um 13:05 schrieb Kaspar Brand:
> I did some formatting cleanup in r1676709 and put a patch for 2.4.x
> online under
> https://people.apache.org/~kbrand/mod_ssl-2.4.x-alpn_2015-04-29.diff.
> This should hopefully make it easier for people to test and review (it's
> an amalgamation of ten revisions from trunk, see the top of the patch file).

Question on that ALPN backport patch and the one in the STATUS file: is
it clear that the registration setting up the propose and nego callback
function arrays should be per connection? Wouldn't that be more a global
or per vhost thing? Just asking because of performance reasons.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: ALPN patch comments

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
It sounds like it could be a vhost thing. SSL_CTX is most likely not global, but maybe unique for a vhost? I am not certain myself, maybe someone else with more knowledge of mod_ssl could pitch in?

//Stefan

> Am 01.06.2015 um 13:04 schrieb Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>:
>
> Am 29.04.2015 um 13:05 schrieb Kaspar Brand:
>> I did some formatting cleanup in r1676709 and put a patch for 2.4.x
>> online under
>> https://people.apache.org/~kbrand/mod_ssl-2.4.x-alpn_2015-04-29.diff.
>> This should hopefully make it easier for people to test and review (it's
>> an amalgamation of ten revisions from trunk, see the top of the patch file).
>
> Question on that ALPN backport patch and the one in the STATUS file: is it clear that the registration setting up the propose and nego callback function arrays should be per connection? Wouldn't that be more a global or per vhost thing? Just asking because of performance reasons.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany