Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Corey Baswell <co...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/09 23:18:24 UTC

Spawn New Thread

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what the proper way for spawning a new thread in
Tomcat is.  I can create a new thread when my servlet is first loaded, but
it does not get closed down when tomcat does. Is there anyway to register a
new thread with Tomcat so that it will get closed when Tomcat goes down?

Thanks for any help,
Corey

Re: Spawn New Thread

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If the thread is associated with a servlet. It would be best to use the
destroy method of the servlet to stop the thread.

-Tim

Re: Spawn New Thread

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev <de...@hanik.com>.
Thread t = new Thread();