Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com> on 2017/03/18 22:26:23 UTC

Ozone

Hi

I saw the PPT of Apahe Kylin 2.0 for the Haodoop Summit of Li Yang

In the "What is the next" section, can be interesting for Apache Kylin,
evaluate Apache Ozone (PPT of Summit 2015
<http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/ozone-an-object-store-in-hdfs>
Video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnjSb9GEnO4>  HDFS-7240
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-7240> ) same ideas than Kudu
but implemented in HDFS directly and perhaps an "HBase Killer" for some
uses case

BR, Alb

Re: Ozone

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Thank you Alberto!

Direct implementation on HDFS will be most ideal, removing all the
unnecessary dependencies. However that also means Kylin will be on its own
to do more storage level tasks like indexing and fast random lookup etc..

A very good option to look into.

Cheers
Yang