Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2011/02/10 10:20:37 UTC

Custom continuous intregration

Hi,

I was wondering about  run-install-extseed and run-install-exttest targets

run-install-extseed           This loads seed, seed-initial and ext data; meant for manual/generic testing, development, or going
into production with a derived system based on stock OFBiz where the ext data basically replaces the demo data

run-install-exttest           This loads seed, seed-initial, ext and ext-test data; meant for automated testing with a derived
system based on stock OFBiz

Those are great to quickly test custom code with respective ext-test data. But I wonder if using run-install for a continuous
integration would not be a better strategy since it allows to check for any regressive code introduced by custom development. Of
course, only kept/used components would be concerned with all implications, ie regarding dependency between components

What do you think? What are your best practices with custom continuous intregration?

Thanks

Jacques