Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/11/01 19:14:46 UTC

FYI: WS-Inspection

FYI:  IBM and Microsoft announced this yesterday:

Web Services Inspection Language (WS-Inspection).  Complements WSDL and
UDDI to provide a way to inspect a Web site for services.

Specification          -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsilspec.html
Overview                 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsilover/
Relation to UDDI  -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsiluddi.html
CNet.com  announcement  -
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-7739294.html?tag=mn_hd

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9

Re: FYI: WS-Inspection

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
WS-Inspection is actually Disco and ADS merged together .. and
improved (of course).

Sanjiva.

Re: FYI: WS-Inspection

Posted by Simon Fell <so...@zaks.demon.co.uk>.

RE: WS-Inspection

Posted by Radovan Janecek <ja...@systinet.com>.
Does anybody know the licencing or IP issues of these 'standards'? Is it
reasonable to implement them for other companies?

Radovan