Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rounak Jain <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 15:58:32 UTC

AutoSuggest+Grouping in one request

Hi everyone,

Search dropdowns on popular sites like Amazon (example
image<http://i.imgur.com/aQyM8WD.jpg>)
use autosuggested words along with grouping (Field Collapsing in Solr).

While I can replicate the same functionality in Solr using two requests
(first to obtain suggestions, second for the actual query using the most
probable suggestion), I want to know if this can be done in one request
itself.

I understand that there are various ways to obtain suggestions (term
component, facets, Solr's inbuilt
Suggester<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester>),
and I'm open to using any one of them, if it means I'll be able to get
everything (groups + suggestions) in one request.

Looking forward to some advice with regard to this.

Thanks,

Rounak

Re: AutoSuggest+Grouping in one request

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Hm, I *think* you can't do it in one go with Solr's Suggester, but I'm
not expert there.  I can only point you to something like our
AutoComplete - http://sematext.com/products/autocomplete/index.html -
which, as you can see on that screenshot, has the grouping you seem to
be after.  Maybe somebody else can point out if Solr Suggester can do
the same?

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support