Posted to users@maven.apache.org by chudak <me...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/06 21:10:54 UTC

How to get sub-assembly when creating root assembly?

I have a multi-module project. One of my submodules creates an assembly (zip)
of a set of files that I need to distribute. At the root of my project, I
want to create a 'distribution' that includes this assembly as well as
several of the artifacts from other submodules (e.g. WAR's RAR's).

For the life of me, I can't get the assembly plugin to find my sub-assembly.

The sub assembly has an assembly id of 'migrations'. In order to find this
attachment, the root assembly (called 'distribution') has set the
attachmentClassifier to 'migrations' as well but I keep getting this error:

Assembly: distribution is not configured correctly: Cannot find attachment
with classifier: migrations

The file is there and it is getting correctly installed into the repo as a
zip file along with the primary jar artifact from that module.

What the heck am I missing?