Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ihabo01 <ih...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/21 11:23:43 UTC

Lotus notes/Domino integration

Hello all,

I would like to integrate with IBM Lotus through Camel (read/write) but I am
not sure what is the simplest way to do so.

First investigations indicate that Lotus has a couple of ways to connect to,
mainly:
1-
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/ls-Java_access_pt1/index.html
Notes.jar  : a JAVA library
2-  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/web-services2/ SOAP
Services:  but those are not out of the box and need to be created
3-
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/ls-Java_access_pt1/index.html
Rest API through XPAges/Agents
4-
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/application-integration-create-an-odbc-connection-to-a-lotus-notes-database/5116212
ODBC driver
5-  http://www.dominoguru.com/pages/domino_rest_xpages_part1.html REST using
XPages XAgets

All of them seem to be doable but as I has no experience with Lotus, it is
hard to judge which  are possible/simple to use, what are the prons/cons for
each especially that I want to use Camel as an integration plateform?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Ihab

Re: Lotus notes/Domino integration

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
In this case, you need a JDBC-ODBC bridge -->
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.3/docs/guide/jdbc/getstart/bridge.doc.html

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ihab,

I have work with Lotus Notes/Domino a couple of years ago and know a
little bit the api ncso.jar used to connect using CORBA Technology and
IIOP protocol to Lotus Server. As this is based on Corba/IIOP, you
have a lot of flexibility as you will use natively the API of Lotus
but the counterpart is that as this is based on CORBA/IIOP, you should
take care about that.

If you plan to retrieve data from Lotus Notes (playing the role of a
kind of RDBMS database), then the approach using JDBC could be enough
--> http://www-12.lotus.com/ldd/doc/drivers/jdbc/1.0/jdbc.nsf/66208c256b4136a2852563c000646f8c?OpenView

Regards,

Charles

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ihab,

What do you plan to do when you say "integrating" ? Is it Lotus Notes
who will use Apache Camel or you would like to use camel to integrate
a Lotus Notes (Domino) server ?

I do not know the REST or SOAP api of Lotus but the first approach
that you mention (java) is based on CORBA and IIOP. We do not have a
CORBA/IIOP component but you can easily integrate that using
camel-bean --> http://camel.apache.org/bean.html

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Sr. Principal Solution Architect - FuseSource
Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard