Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by J Pai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/02 12:50:47 UTC

Ivy nightly builds - Generate a full .zip/.tar.gz snapshots?

Would it be feasible to have a Jenkins daily job (runs once at a schedule) for Ivy which publishes the complete binary zip/tar.gz of Ivy nightly snapshots? I know we have a daily job currently here[1] which generates a jar as the artifact output of the job. Maybe this job itself can be changed to generate the full distributable binary .zip/.tar.gz?

Where I plan to use such a job is, to have Ivy users have quick access to our nightly builds so that they can use those binaries just like they would for released versions. That way, we can ask the users to test out/verify any bug fixes we have pushed, in their own environments by installing those snapshots. Especially in cases where it’s hard to reproduce some bugs in first place (Windows OS for example). I understand they could probably do it even now using those jars we publish, but I would prefer the process of “installation” to be almost the same as what we would do with released binaries - i.e. use a .zip/.tar.gz with all relevant files in them.

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Ivy/

-Jaikiran

Re: Ivy nightly builds - Generate a full .zip/.tar.gz snapshots?

Posted by J Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
This job worked and we now have 2 successful runs of it. Thank you for setting this up - I’m hoping this will now get us a bit more quicker inputs to bug fixes and other things from Ivy user community who might be willing to give it a try.

-Jaikiran
On 03-Jun-2017, at 3:51 PM, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <ap...@materne.de> wrote:

merged.
We'll see the next nightly ...

Jan

AW: Ivy nightly builds - Generate a full .zip/.tar.gz snapshots?

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
merged.
We'll see the next nightly ...

Jan