Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/24 15:25:49 UTC

Packaging sample config files as part of release

Hi,

Some of Oak components now expose configuration settings which are
currently configured in OSGi env via config files e.g. FileDataStore
settings, Security settings etc. Currently these settings are not
documented well and spread over all the java files.

To provide better support to end user we have couple of options

1. Document the config settings under oak-doc module

2. Provide a zip of sample config files which have various properties
well commented. These can be placed say under oak-sample-config module
and shipped as zip as part of regular Oak release. Downstream projects
like Apache Sling can then include such zip files as part of there
distribution.

Any comments on the approach to take?

Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Packaging sample config files as part of release

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Chetan Mehrotra
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any comments on the approach to take?

I would go for option 1 as long as we don't directly use such configs in Oak.

BR,

Jukka Zitting