Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julio Burroughs <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/03 02:35:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache won't start on Windows Vista Ultimate

I've just installed Apache 2.2.17 on a Windows Vista Ultimate machine (with
sp2),
using install file httpd-2.2.17-win32-x86-no_ssl.

It looks like the installation is good, but when I invoke "Start" from the
Apache icon,
I get the following message:

*The procedure entry point real_exit_code could not be
located in the dynamic link library libhttpd.dll.*

When I try to start Apache from Services, it also fails to start,
and the message is just that Apache 2.2 did not start.

Thanks . . .