Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Hannum, Daniel" <Da...@PremierInc.com> on 2007/06/29 20:40:42 UTC

Make commandLink open in a new window

Hi,

I'm using Trinidad 1.0.1 and I am having trouble making a commandLink
open its contents in a separate window. It's a "Print" button, and so I
use setActionListener to pass a param so the page renders slightly
differently.

It works, but the page always opens in the same browser window. This has
been asked several times online and I have tried all the various
solutions to no effect

useWindow="true"

target="_blank"

target="_new"

targetFrame="_blank"

targetFrame="_new"

I wondered if using the dialog framework was required, so I tried
useWindow="true" and set action="dialog:foo" along with an appropriate
navigation rule, but it still wouldn't work.

Anybody know what I am missing?

Dan

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.

RE: Make commandLink open in a new window

Posted by "Hannum, Daniel" <Da...@PremierInc.com>.
My fault, useWindow="true" plus a "dialog:" nav rule will work. My rule
was a redirect, which isn't allowed. Oops.

The other methods (_new, _blank) do not seem to work at all.

Unfortunately, the window you get doesn't have the menu and toolbar, so
the user has to know to right click on the background to get 'print'.
Unless there's a way to make it first-class window, I'll move in the
direction of doing printable pages exclusively with CSS, which is
probably what I should be doing anyway, but I wanted my tr:tables to
stop paging when the page was printable.

Anybody know if Trinidad popups can be made to have a menu and toolbar,
OR to automatically call javascript window.print() when they load?

Thanks
Dan

What is your browser? Firefox has features to disable opening links in
new windows using:

_new, _blank

If so, you need to reconfigure firefox to allow these to open. There
is no way for a web developer to override the behavior.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.