Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill <ad...@vci.net> on 2006/02/23 17:10:58 UTC

Need advice on Java Servlet & IIS/Win 2003

    Hi,

    I have a customer that needs a Java servlet included into their web
site. I've never had to do this before so I thought I should ask you
experienced people. Their web server is a Windows 2003 server with IIS and
Frontpage extensions. Could I install TomCat to accomplish this purpose? I'm
not sure what's involved but I've read some docs about it and this seem like
the proper way to go. Some of the docs are for older versions of TomCat
though. If this will work are there any detailed instructions I can
reference? Part of the reason I ask is I would eventually need to install
this on a production web server so I need to be careful while doing this.

      Bill Dunn

RE: Need advice on Java Servlet & IIS/Win 2003

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
This works fine.  Two companies I've worked at recently used W2K3 + IIS6 +
JK 1.2.15 + Tomcat 5.5.12.

Basically, you need to install the JK isapi_redirector in IIS, so that it
will redirect the appropriate URLs to Tomcat for service, and then install
the servlet(s)/JSP(s) on that Tomcat to answer the requests.

Everything you need to know is on the http://tomcat.apache.org/ web site.

Tim