Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/25 16:04:48 UTC

Seeking advice on using ZK as advertised

All,

I have been using ZK as a part of what I call my Hazoo stack (Hadoop,
Accumulo, Zookeeper).  Testing, trying nothing in production.  The ZK
documentation touts ZK as a configuration utility for distributed apps.  I
believe I understand how it's supposed to work.  But from what I've seen so
far, not many are using ZK fully.  People are still keeping most of their
config settings as usual in the file system.

Is anyone out there using ZK fully?  Is anyone using it to hold config for
any of the usual suspects like Hadoop, Accumulo, Tomcat, Jetty, et al?  I
would appreciate learning of your experiences.

Thanks all

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts