Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/16 18:15:45 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Gora - August 2019

 - The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory data model
and persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores,
key-value stores, document stores, distributed in-memory key-value stores,
in-memory data grids, in-memory caches, distributed multi-model stores and
hybrid in-memory architectures. Gora also enables analysis of data with
extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, and Apache
Pig support.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - We formally released Apache Gora 0.9 after several release candidates.
 - We are currently completing mentoring activities for 4 Google summer of
code projects this year. All 4 projects are nearly completed in extremely
positive way, that will end up 4 new modules for us.
 - There was one external developer who contributed a new Apache Hive
datastore module for the project.
 - Currently we are reviewing PR s for these 5 new modules.

## Health report:
 - Apache Gora project is in very good health. There were a lot of
involvement from PMC members with related to reviewing PRs, verifying and
voting on release candidates.
 - Also there were a lot of mailing lists discussions on GSoC projects.
 - We are extremely positive on contributions from 4 GSoC students and an
external contributor, we will probably evaluate to extend our committer
base for these 5 individuals, once their major contributions are merged to
Apache Gora project.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 27 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Carlos Muñoz on Wed Dec 05 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 27 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Carlos Muñoz at Tue Nov 13 2018

## Releases:

 - 0.9 was released on Thu Aug 15 2019

## Mailing list activity:

 - Our main communication medium is Apache Gora development mailing list.
There is a significant rise in email traffic compared to the previous
quarter and is mainly due to GSoC project discussions and 0.9 release
activities.

 - dev@gora.apache.org:

 - user@gora.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: