Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/12 12:39:34 UTC

Offline build failure due to missing geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

When I do an offline build, I am getting the following build error.  If I do
an online build, the build is successful, but, geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-
1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar is not downloaded to m2repo.  Any ideas how to fix this?

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Geronimo Configs :: JavaEE Specs
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
[INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
[INFO] Generated: C:\G\trunk\configs\jee-specs\target\plan\plan.xml
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.geronimo.javamail:geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.javamail-Dartifact
Id=geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail \
          -Dversion=1.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.geronimo.configs:jee-specs:car:2.0-SNAPSHOT
        2)
org.apache.geronimo.javamail:geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail:jar:1.2-SNAPS
HOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.geronimo.configs:jee-specs:car:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1/),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository ),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots ( http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/
),
  tomcat-m2-repo ( http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/m2-repository)

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your
loca
repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 30 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jul 12 15:57:15 IST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 38M/68M
[INFO]

Re: Offline build failure due to missing geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 7/12/07, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I do an offline build, I am getting the following build error.  If I do
> an online build, the build is successful, but,
> geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar is not downloaded to m2repo.
> Any ideas how to fix this?

Nope, but you may want to run mvn dependencies:go-offline or some
other maven's dependency plugin [1] and see if that helps moving
closer to a solution.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Offline build failure due to missing geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Deleted the javamail directory from M2REPO and then ran an online build.
This time it downloaded geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar etc.
Subsequent offline builds are successful.

Vamsi

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.