Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mah Yagh <m_...@modares.ac.ir> on 2009/05/31 16:28:27 UTC

Installing new JAR to maven repository- failure

Hi,
I tried installing some JAR files to my local maven repository using the
following command:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jade -DartifactId=jade -Dversion=1.0
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=C:\tmp\jade.jar

Installation finishes successfully according to maven log. I add the new
dependency to pom.xml file:
           <dependency>
                <artifactId>jade</artifactId>
                <groupId>jade</groupId>
                <version>[1.0]</version>
            </dependency>
Next I try to compile my component using "mvn install" command. But it shows
compile error indicating that my JAR file is not included in the compiler
class path. What could be wrong with my configuration? I did not know that
the real JAR file version so I set it to 1.0.
Thanx, Mak

Re: Installing new JAR to maven repository- failure

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Next I try to compile my component using "mvn install" command. But it shows
> compile error indicating that my JAR file is not included in the compiler
> class path. What could be wrong with my configuration? I did not know that
> the real JAR file version so I set it to 1.0.

What is the exact compilation error you are receiving? Can you try
adding "-X" to your call to mvn which will turn on debug mode, and see
if that provides any more useful information?

Wayne