Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Craig Main <cr...@palantir.co.za> on 2011/11/04 08:39:32 UTC

[Lucene.Net] FSTLookup

Hi,

You guys probably get this a lot, but I was wondering (approximately) how
it takes you guys to move closer to the Java-Lucene version(s). I am using
ikvm at the moment, which works really well. For all the obvious reasons I
would like to migate to using the .NET version(s).

I am currently using the FSTLookup class which is in
org.apache.lucene.search.suggest.
It is a great way to get a list of suggestions based on what a user has
typed using the terms in the index.
It works way better than doing a fuzzy search to obtain suggestions, as
it's a lot faster. Unforunately it's a recent addition (Version 3.3.0)

When you decide to update the source to the latest lucene version how long
does that process typically take?

I really like the fact that Lucene.NET is a line by line port of the java
code. Hopefully this means it will catch up soon. I am really looking
forward to dropping ikvm, though I am constantly amazed by how well it does
work.

I thought I would also mention this link. If the lucene.net users have not
read this article before it really is a great read.

Version 4.0 is going to be the bomb!
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/03/lucenes-fuzzyquery-is-100-times-faster.html

Cheers
Craig.