Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Linus Kamb <li...@iris.washington.edu> on 2003/06/25 20:16:01 UTC

apache, axis, proxypasses, and firewalls.

Hi.

In my development environment, I want to run tomcat/axis on my local machine behind
our firewall and have Apache running on a machine outside the firewall configured
with a ProxyPass to pass the approproate requests through to my machine.

The problem is that the AxisServlet gets the server name out of the HTTP Request and
uses that to generate URLs (as in for the ?wsdl queries from the list services page.)
  The server name is, of course, my local machine name, which is not directly
accessible from outside the firewall.

Is there some tomcat or axis configuration setting that might handle this situation,
or is this just a bad way to do this?

Thanks,
Linus

--