Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by reza sohbati <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/23 06:04:30 UTC

The Payment-Type definition in saving products and defining the GL account

Hi all.
I have a question about Fineract functionality and I don't know is this a
right place to ask my question !!!

As my understandings,  In saving products we can define payment types and
assign an ASSET GL account to it.
Also in Client Account when we do a DEPOSIT or WITHDRAW, we have the
ability of choosing a payment type.

In cash deposit transaction I supposed to see the payment-type GL
account(which I set in production definition)  transactions(Maybe instead
of cash account), but I saw a normal cash deposit entry.

My question is : In definition of Saving product we can define a
payment-type and set a GL account to it. why we set this configuration to
the product?

Thank you.

Re: The Payment-Type definition in saving products and defining the GL account

Posted by Ankit Muellner <an...@muellners.org>.
Reza, your expectation is correct.
However, the Advanced Accounting Rule has an overide over normal accounting
mapping (feature right above Adv.) in Savings product. For this specific
reason, you get an undesired result of Cash dB instead of Cheque JL debit
entries.

Now this can be fixed by letting the system know to follow the normal
accounting map before letting Adv. Accounting rules to trigger JL entries
or vice versa, whichever case set you will require.

If you debug at code level, an old comment by Apache contributor leaves
dominance of Adv. Accounting Rule over normal account mapping. But this has
not been tested thoroughly leaving a gap here.
Such a solution framework also has critical utilities in
publishing sequential JL entries (where multiple CoA detail has to hit) e.g
w.r.t other Adv. Accounting rules such as Specific Income mapping.
We have recently fixed a bug on Specific Income and also the issue with
Adv. Over normal mapping. We will be posting the latter PR soon.
Let me know if you need me to pinpoint anything.

--
Ankit Müllner
Muellners Europe

This mail is governed by Muellners®  IT policy.
The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

Re: The Payment-Type definition in saving products and defining the GL account

Posted by reza sohbati <so...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ankit Muellner for response*.*

*Ed Cable, *I created  a new product "حساب قرض الحسنه" its Persian(sorry
its not an English name).

 In product payment-type mapping, we can only map an ASSET type JL account
to a payment type, why only ASSET? Am I be able to choose a LIABILITY type
account here for example?

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.

Posted by reza sohbati <so...@gmail.com>.

)