Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Lee <dc...@pacbell.net> on 2002/09/17 07:29:48 UTC

Co-exist with Old JSP Code

I am new to Struts and heard a lot of good things about it.  However,
before I would like to use it, I would like to know if I can use it in
my existing webapp that is written in vanilla JSP and Servlet code.  I
would like to write new stuff using Struts and graduately migrate the
old stuff over to Struts.  Would this strategy work or have anyone tried
this strategy?

Regards,
David

Re: Co-exist with Old JSP Code

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
It works, I have tried it.  Struts is not demanding.  This is good, too,
since there are many out-of-the box open source apps that are not strusts
enabled.

Re: Co-exist with Old JSP Code

Posted by David Lee <dc...@pacbell.net>.

Re: Co-exist with Old JSP Code

Posted by John Yu <jo...@scioworks.com>.
Struts is designed to be fully interoperable with JSP and Servlet.

It's hard to list all the "hooks". In short, while Struts is a layer on the
top of JSP/Servlet, Struts doesn't ever try to hide the underlying
technologies.

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"