Posted to users@maven.apache.org by deckrider+mvn <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/19 20:24:38 UTC

dependency plugin and version

Hi, is there a way I can change version below to take the latest
greater than 8.0.0 instead of hard-coding the version as I do below?
I tried using:  "<version>[8,)</version>" but that did not work.

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <!--
              Copy the webstart bundle in as a resource
              before packaging starts.
            -->
            <phase>process-resources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <artifactItems>
            <artifactItem>
              <groupId>com.vzb.impact</groupId>
              <artifactId>webstart-test</artifactId>
              <version>8.1.2</version>
              <type>zip</type>
            </artifactItem>
          <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}</outputDirectory>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Re: dependency plugin and version

Posted by deckrider <de...@gmail.com>.
Just wanted to report back that I finally go this to work by doing
this (thanks for the clues along the way):

    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <webResources>
            <resource>
              <!-- this is relative to the pom.xml directory -->
              <directory>${project.build.directory}/dependency</directory>
              <includes>
                <include>**/*.jar</include>
                <include>**/*.jnlp</include>
              </includes>
            </resource>
          </webResources>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <!--
              Copy the webstart bundle in as a resource
              before packaging starts.
            -->
            <phase>process-resources</phase>
            <goals>