Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2012/07/24 18:57:31 UTC

Documentation

I have published the javadoc for the 1.0.0-incubating and 1.1.0-incubating releases to the web site. There doesn't appear to be any other documentation for those two releases.

The web site is designed to host the latest version of the user and developer guides.  Currently they are now located in both the web site and the project itself. I would prefer that they be removed from the main project.  I will be documenting how to publish them during a release to the web site.

I would suggest that in future releases the web site also be tagged during a release and that we then also include that in the source release.  From that we can work out how to best include the html and/or pdfs into the binary release if that is desired.

The positive side of all of this is that it will remove building the documentation from the current code build which should also remove the need to modify MAVEN_OPTS.

Ralph