Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/10 22:02:55 UTC

Reverse dependency tree

What is the best tool out for generating a reverse dependency tree?

Also, can anyone give some hints on where to look to set up Hudson or
something else to trigger automatic builds of reverse dependencies
(i.e., continuous integration).  Of course, it would have to not only
build the reverse dependencies, but also update their pom.xml files.

Thanks,
Phillip

Re: Reverse dependency tree

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the best tool out for generating a reverse dependency tree?
>
> Also, can anyone give some hints on where to look to set up Hudson or
> something else to trigger automatic builds of reverse dependencies

Apache Archiva (repository manager) has a "Used By" tab that shows who
has a dependency on the artifact you're viewing.

If you want to build the latest of everything against the latest of
everything else, you might have a look at Apache Gump.  (I haven't
looked but I imagine it has Maven support by now...)

--
Wendy

RE: Reverse dependency tree

Posted by "Yanko, Curtis" <cu...@uhc.com>.
We use Sonar and it's Library look up mechanism to do *impact analysis*
if that's what you mean by reverse dependency.

>From a build standpoint AnthillPro support both Push and Pull style
dependency triggers. Since we are a CI shop we use Push to trigger the
build of the item(s) that use what we just built and keep pushing on up
the tree.

Curt Yanko | Continuous Integration Services | UnitedHealth Group IT
Making IT Happen, one build at a time, 600 times a day