Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Elie MABO <mt...@yahoo.fr.INVALID> on 2016/05/03 03:38:00 UTC

I cannot start agent - Cloudstack 4.8 - Connection closed with -1 on reading size

Hi,

I have upgraded my cloudstack from 4.4 to 4.8. After upgrading, the agent on hosts cannot start. I receive the following message:
 20:08:45,833 ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null) (logid:) Unable to start agent:
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to start the connection!
    at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:230)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:399)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgentFromClassInfo(AgentShell.java:367)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:351)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.start(AgentShell.java:461)
    at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243)
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.NioConnectionException: Connection closed with -1 on reading size.
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:94)
    at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:228)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection closed with -1 on reading size.
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.Link.doHandshake(Link.java:513)
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioClient.init(NioClient.java:80)
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:88)
    ... 10 more
2016-05-02 20:08:45,834 INFO  [cloud.agent.Agent] (AgentShutdownThread:null) (logid:) Stopping the agent: Reason = sig.kill

I tried to troubleshoot, but nothing. Please, can anybody help me to solve my problem ?

Additional information

1- The output of netstat command shows that management server does not listen on TCP port 8250, but on TCP6 port 8250
admin@mgnt:~$ sudo netstat -tanp | grep 8250
tcp6       0      0 :::8250                 :::*                    LISTEN      20101/jsvc.exec

2- The telnet command on port 8250 return the message "Connection closed by foreign host."admin@mgnt:~$ telnet 192.168.1.10 8250
Trying 192.168.1.10...
Connected to 192.168.1.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

3- Management server and hosts (2) are running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as operating system, and all are up-to-date.
Thank you in advance.
Elie

Re: I cannot start agent - Cloudstack 4.8 - Connection closed with -1 on reading size

Posted by Elie MABO <mt...@yahoo.fr.INVALID>.
Dear Yadav,

Thank you very much for your answer. I have the same version of Cloudstack on both management server and host. The port 8250 is open on management server, but a telnet from the kvm host on that port returns the following message:Trying 192.168.1.10...
Connected to 192.168.1.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
I think, I will wait the next version of Cloudstack to correct this problem (I hope). I tried to patch and build as you advised me, but I have encountered a problem with the pom.xml file.
Thank again for your help
Elie.

    Le Mercredi 4 mai 2016 12h04, Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> a écrit :

 Elie,

Are you using the same version for management server and cloudstack-agent,
if not please fix that first upgrade your cloudstack-agent to 4.8 as well.
Secondly make sure port 8250 on mgmt server host is accessible for the
cloudstack-agent to connect to. Make sure Java runtime version same and
version 1.7.x (preferable oracle jre 1.7.0_80) on both management server
host and kvm host (kvm agent).

Finally, if both the above are non-issues for you apply the patch from:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1493 and build both management
server and cloudstack-agent (kvm agent) with this patch included in your
4.8.x source code. If you're

Regards.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks Rohit,

Testing this will not be easy. It starts working after a random number of restarts of mgmt/agent, so I need it to fail again. :)
Will definitely come to this the moment it happens, but not sure when it will.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,