Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 13:41:45 UTC

Thoughts on changing attribute name USER_EMAIL with name emailAddress

  In following service defination

  <service name="sendCreatePartyEmailNotification" engine="simple"
            location="org/ofbiz/party/user/UserEvents.xml"
invoke="sendCreatePartyEmailNotification" auth="false">
        <attribute name="USER_EMAIL" type="String" mode="IN"
optional="false"/>
    </service>

Can I modify the attribute name USER_EMAIL to emailAddress and do associated
changes in other applications.
I think we use this kind of names in forms and not in services. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

Vikas

Re: Thoughts on changing attribute name USER_EMAIL with name emailAddress

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
my two cents it a another service calls this one, we need to have the
attribute name unique, in case the calling service is passing in email
addresses also that are intended for other service calls in the chain.

Vikas Mayur sent the following on 5/5/2008 4:41 AM: