Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by COFFMAN Steven <SC...@COVANSYS.com> on 2001/08/20 23:07:27 UTC

Cocoon 2 & FOP: Sharing SAX events

Whups. John's recent Cocoon 2 patch did not update to FOP 0.20 API, but was
just adding PCL and PS as valid outputs and refactoring for the old FOP API.

Peter West is doing some good work on serializing the parse events, and
generally opening up FOP to be less like a black box. His code is still
experimental, and not part of CVS yet however. I'm not sure what Cocoon's
release schedule is, but FOP 0.20 has a number of major improvements that
we'd like to get into Cocoon 2.0 final (like less than infinte memory
required for large documents).

BTW, John (as a Cocooner) is not subscribed to fop-dev, so please Cc him if
there's anything you want him to know.
-Steve
Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
John,

I have attached a diff that should help with the changed api.
I have tried it with the latest cocoon cvs (5 minutes ago) at it works for
me. It will only work with the latest fop cvs.

Is this what you want.

Is there anything that should be done differently?

Keiron.

table-and-caption problem?

Posted by Don Wellington <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi-

I think this is a bad precendent.  In FOP 0.19
fo:table-and-caption produces a table.  But, in FOP
0.20.1 <fo:table-and-caption> is reported as being
unsupported in this version, and produces no output.
Why?  Is that really a good idea?

Don