Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Tobin Baker <td...@cs.washington.edu> on 2015/09/28 21:59:59 UTC

Is it possible for Task code to access its Evaluator configuration?

I'd like to write generic Task code which can access its Evaluator
configuration much like the JVM's getRuntime() method, e.g., to retrieve #
of vcores to configure thread pools, or to get RAM quota to configure cache
sizes. I don't see how to do this without duplicating the EvaluatorRequest
parameters in configuration passed to Tasks or Contexts. Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Tobin

Re: Is it possible for Task code to access its Evaluator configuration?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Tobin Baker <td...@cs.washington.edu> wrote:
> JIRA ID is tdbaker. Thanks!

Done. You should be able to create, comment on and self-assign issues.

Markus

Re: Is it possible for Task code to access its Evaluator configuration?

Posted by Tobin Baker <td...@cs.washington.edu>.
JIRA ID is tdbaker. Thanks!

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Tobin Baker <td...@cs.washington.edu> wrote:
> Thanks, don't think I'll be able to make it by then :(

No worries, there is always a next release :-)

Markus

Re: Is it possible for Task code to access its Evaluator configuration?

Posted by Tobin Baker <td...@cs.washington.edu>.

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Oct. 1 (PDT) is the cut-off date.

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Is it possible for Task code to access its Evaluator configuration?

Posted by Tobin Baker <td...@cs.washington.edu>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.