Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Shari Lynn Smith <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 00:54:06 UTC

AOO on a Mac

Hi, I am a PC user and have been an OO user for a long time, and have
converted most of my family... however my nephew is now looking to purchase
a Mac and has gotten conflicting information about running AOO on a Mac (at
the store & from others), from what I've seen in forums, and online I think
it can work on a Mac. I just don't know if it's easy or difficult.

I'm wondering if anyone could share whether it is easy to get setup on a
Mac by someone who don't use a Mac ;-)

Thanks for any information on the subject.

Shari

Re: AOO on a Mac

Posted by Rochelle <rh...@gmail.com>.
It is also important to install AOO from it's website, not through another
site.

With that said, I have used AOO on OSX Mountain Lion and recently the
upgrade to Maverick. I've not had any problems to date and share files with
other Mac and MS users  However, I've only been a mac user for a few
months, having used linux and AOO for 10+ years previously. ( Ubuntu and
most recently Linux Mint)

Rochelle

Re: AOO on a Mac

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Shari,

Re: AOO on a Mac

Posted by Ernie Kurtz <ku...@umich.edu>.
Shari,

Re: AOO on a Mac

Posted by Shari Lynn Smith <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the replies. I'll make sure he knows and
make sure where he's getting it.

Shari

sent with my Google phone

Re: AOO on a Mac