Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/01 02:05:16 UTC

Re: Confusion between 'ZZ' and 'XXX' timezone formats in FastDateFormat

Thanks for your answer, Chas.

I understood ISO 8601 is supportrd by both 'X' and 'ZZ'.

Do you maybe know if they are the same and interchangable?

I am worried of any regression after replacing 'ZZ' to 'X'. I read the
codes and checked they are same at my best but I wonder if I missed
anything and want to be sure.

Thanks.

On 31 Mar 2017 10:31 p.m., "Chas Honton" <ch...@honton.org> wrote:

The javadoc for FastDatePrinter states:
"Starting with JDK7, ISO 8601 support was added using the pattern 'X'. To
maintain compatibility, 'ZZ'will continue to be supported, but using one of
the 'X' formats is recommended."

Chas

> On Mar 31, 2017, at 5:38 AM, Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I am trying to replace 'ZZ' time format to 'XXX' format to resolve an
issue
> in Apache Spark.
>
> I looked at the codes related with this as below:
>
> https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/8767cd4f1a6af07093c1e6c422dae8
e574be7e5e/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/time/
FastDateParser.java#L930

> https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/8767cd4f1a6af07093c1e6c422dae8
e574be7e5e/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/time/
FastDateParser.java#L932-L951

> https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/8767cd4f1a6af07093c1e6c422dae8
e574be7e5e/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/time/
FastDateParser.java#L596-L601

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much.

Posted by Charles Honton <ch...@honton.org>.